Daily we use products made of chemicals – some of them potentially allergenic. They cause rashes, red swollen skin, peeling of the skin and itch.
If you developed skin rash and Doctor determined it is likely caused by contact sensitivity we will use test that involves patching small flexible panels containing multiple chemicals to your back.
As contact skin sensitivity develops over time – test also takes some time. We will ask you to come back in 48 and 72 hours after we placed it on. This is the only way to prove if you might be allergic to some metal, beauty product, soap, cream, hair dye, latex etc.
Same test (only different chemicals, mostly metals) is used to identify dental materials that you might be allergic to.